Sunday, February 24, 2008

DAY 0: THE TRAGEDY

Dear everyone,

My name is Denise. I am Pbutter8's girlfriend. I hadn't heard from him for three days. I called. I text messaged. I emailed. Nothing. 

So today I went to his apartment to see if he was okay and found him like this:


I had no idea he was planning to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. No one did. 

I also didn't know about this blog, but reading through it and the comments you've left him has touched me. The grief I feel is tremendous. I may have to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich myself someday.

I know there are too many questions to answer here. Why? How? Why? What? In time, we will all figure out our own answers. It seems in his last days pbutter8 struggled with the sandwich he intended to eat until the pressure became too great and he felt he had no way out but to eat it now. We may never know why he made this choice, but with his last words, found clutched in what could only be a supremely satisfied hand, I think he gave us a clue.

 

3 comments:

Sulzman said...

You were weak!! No self control. For awhile I admired your courage. I've been keeping a chocolate Babka in my refrigerator for SIX MONTHS, which I am saving for a special occasion. I thought we were together on this. Clearly, you are not the uber-mensch I thought you were.

Anonymous said...

This certainly is a sad day - wait, is that a candyland sticky note pad? If pbutter8 won't be needing those anymore, I sure would like them.

Anonymous said...

Yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich eaten far too soon. Such a tragedy.