Thursday, February 14, 2008

DAY 88: NEVERLAND

88 days to go. As good a time as any to start thinking about peanut butter. The right brand is key. Consistency and spreadability matter.


One thought I've had is to eat the sandwich with Peter Pan's creamy peanut butter. It's the brand I fantasized most about as a child. My mom pushed Skippy and would never buy Pan. The symbolism would be clear: I'm eating this sandwich because my mother didn't love me.


But is that really why? I'm not sure I'm ready to define this sandwich so clearly.


Don't think these are easy decisions... because they're not. Its hard enough to wake up one day and decide to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But the other choices are no easier. Sometimes I think should just eat a plain piece of toast and be done with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand....
I think about eating PBnJs every day. I don't know what stops me, maybe because it would take too much effort and something could go wrong, or maybe I'm afraid of who will see the mess when I am finished. I try to distract myself with chips, and ice cream, and sometimes I gobble down uncut carbs until I just can't feel anymore....