Wednesday, February 20, 2008

DAY 82: THE POWER LUNCH

David, this guy I work with, has been pestering me to take a lunch with him and discuss some ideas. I can't disclose where we work or what our ideas are because it's pretty top secret what we do.

We went to the Corner Bistro just south of 14th street and both had the only thing on the menu worth getting: cheeseburgers (The only other option is a BLT, and you'd have to be crazy to get that). One bite into his burger David exclaimed, "This is a damn fine burger. DAMN fine."

It made me uncomfortable. I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in 82 days and here's this guy I barely know bragging about burgers. We went on to discuss our "ideas," but I couldn't stop thinking about the sandwich. Should I have said something to him? Or worse, did he already know what I planned to do?

I may be blogging about this sandwich, but it is still very private thing I plan to do. It will only be me, the sandwich and maybe a glass of water when this goes down. I think that means I shouldn't have to preface every conversation and secret meeting I have with By the way I'm eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in 82 (81, 35, whatever it may be) days.

Screw you, David.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

screw david & eat the sandwich!

Anonymous said...

Listen, dude, a friend of mine was going out with a guy who ate a PBJ and it DESTROYED her. If you're going to do this you shouldn't be casually hanging out at bistros with guys - it could make them question their self-worth when you go through with this.

Anonymous said...

It's not REALLY cheating if you eat a peanut butter and FLUFF sandwich instead. Food (no pun intended) for thought.