Wednesday, February 13, 2008

DAY 89: The Fridge

I opened my fridge today and thought, wow, in 89 days I won't have any use for most of the food in here between noon and 1 p.m. (which is when I normally eat lunch). 



I'm sorry very vanilla soy milk. I'm sorry pudding snacks. I'm sorry leftovers in the blue container and cinnamon raisin english muffins.  

I'm sorry. Yet a part of me knows it's too early to make apologies. I'll likely eat most of the food I saw today before the big day. In fact, I'll probably get at least four or five trips to the grocery store in before it arrives, so the real food I'll have no use for is now sitting on a shelf at the store, or in some warehouse or hasn't even been made or grown or killed yet. That's a freaky thought.

I bet I'll have a lot of them over the next 89 days.



No comments: