Monday, February 18, 2008

DAY 84: THE DAY OFF

Today was a holiday (President's Day), so I had off from work. I had intended to relax. That meant no thinking about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. 

But I woke up to this email:

Woah, pressure. 

I've thought about this a lot. Why not just eat it now? I said before I don't have a concrete answer. This guy is right. I DO want to eat this sandwich. More than anything.  I'm fed up waiting, to be honest. But I also know that if I eat it today or tomorrow or next week I'll never know why I want to eat it so badly. It'll become just one of many sandwiches, and the greater implications of its consumption, for myself and the world, will be lost to us all. 

So that's one reason I didn't get to relax today.

I also saw this a few blocks from my apartment:

Undoubtedly, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are consumed inside. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich until I found your blog. Now I find myself thinking about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches all the time. I'm still not sure I want one, but it's become a fixation for me. I blame you.

Anonymous said...

PB sandwiches are not only consumed here, but digested here as well. Just blows my mind, thinking about it.